kweller prep BLOG
Kweller Prep Advanced Tutoring: High School, College, Life & More
The College Common ApplicationTuesday, September 10, 2013
GREAT SCHOOLS IN NYC FOR FREEMonday, September 10, 2012
Due to the economic crunch, it may seem harder than ever to send your children to private schools. I would like to dedicate this mini-article on showing students and parents what they need to do in order to get into one of the excellent Specialized Public High Schools in New York City. Please feel free to contact us at 1800- 631 – 1757 Website: www.KwellerPrep.com Article by Frances Kweller, Founder of Kweller Prep Tutoring.
Q: What are the Specialized High Schools in New York City?
A: Stuyvesant HS, Bronx High School of Science, Brooklyn Technical School, Queens HS for the Sciences at York College, LaGuardia HS of Music & Art & Performing Arts..
College Interview Dress DOWN tipsSunday, January 1, 2012
Men’s Interview Attire
- The sleeves should taper, gradually ending just over the wrist so the shirt cuff extends about 1/2 inch beyond the jacket sleeve.
- The pant leg bottom in the front should touch the front of the shoe and angle towards the back of the shoe to fall just above the heel.
- Pant cuff or no cuff is a personal choice.
- Choose dark colors, such as navy, gray or coffee beige. Suit should be solid color or subtle pinstripes.
- The fabric should be worsted wool or gabardine, a firm hard-finish durable fabric (such as lightweight wool or rayon).
- Suit is always first choice, but if unavailable, a navy jacket or blazer with black or navy buttons and gray or beige pants are acceptable.
The Dress Shirt:
- The button down collar offers a more casual look than the more formal business style of a point collar.
- Choose a good fit, neatly pressed.
- Best colors include white, pale blue, tan or yellow
- Always wear an undershirt. Avoid v-neck style since the neckline may show
- Your tie should be darker than your shirt and should not extend below the belt.
- Purchase several ties that compliment your suit to give your wardrobe versatility.
- Wear 100% silk (or similar looking) in solid colors or small patterns.