kweller prep BLOG
Kweller Prep Advanced Tutoring: High School, College, Life & More
College Interview Dress DOWN tipsSunday, January 1, 2012
Men’s Interview Attire
- The sleeves should taper, gradually ending just over the wrist so the shirt cuff extends about 1/2 inch beyond the jacket sleeve.
- The pant leg bottom in the front should touch the front of the shoe and angle towards the back of the shoe to fall just above the heel.
- Pant cuff or no cuff is a personal choice.
- Choose dark colors, such as navy, gray or coffee beige. Suit should be solid color or subtle pinstripes.
- The fabric should be worsted wool or gabardine, a firm hard-finish durable fabric (such as lightweight wool or rayon).
- Suit is always first choice, but if unavailable, a navy jacket or blazer with black or navy buttons and gray or beige pants are acceptable.
The Dress Shirt:
- The button down collar offers a more casual look than the more formal business style of a point collar.
- Choose a good fit, neatly pressed.
- Best colors include white, pale blue, tan or yellow
- Always wear an undershirt. Avoid v-neck style since the neckline may show
- Your tie should be darker than your shirt and should not extend below the belt.
- Purchase several ties that compliment your suit to give your wardrobe versatility.
- Wear 100% silk (or similar looking) in solid colors or small patterns.